Gila Farm Cooperative CSA Delivery Newsletter April 3rd 2012
Pick up produce Tuesdays at 5227 N. 7th St. between 4:00 and 5:30pm
Week three of ten week CSA Spring Season.
Grandpa’s Green Feast with Baked Beets
Sometimes simple is called for. Here is a very simple meal that is just about as healthy as you can get.
- Carrots – Freshly picked from CSA
- Green onions – Freshly picked from CSA
- Radishes – Freshly picked from CSA
- Lettuce – Freshly picked from CSA
- Celery – From the grocery store
- Tomatoes – From the grocery
- Cooked Beets – Freshly picked and baked (recipe below)
STEP BY STEP
- Toss the lettuce in your favorite salad dressing and use as a bed for all other vegetables.
- Cut veggies however seems “pretty” and arrange on top of the lettuce.
- Optional: Serve with a side of salad dressing for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel beets and discard skins
- Cut into 1/2 – 3/4 inch squares – try to keep them all about the same size
- Toss pieces in 1 TBL olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt
- Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes until fork tender
Find more like this: Salads and Veggie Dishes