- Acorn squash
STEP BY STEP
- Wash briefly under running water, then dry with a towel.
- Cut in half from stem to tip using a heavy knife.
- Spray both cut faces with PAM or brush with EVOO.
- Bake in Convection Oven or Toaster Oven face down for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you like your squash a little on the firmer side, make this only 20 minutes.
- Remove half-baked squash, and spray or oil again.
- If you have it, EVOO or melted butter, this adds a great flavor
- Return face up to cook 20 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream together 1 TBL sugar into 4 TBL butter
- Remove and cover each with 1/2 of the butter mixture
- Return to cook (cut side up) for five more minutes.
Note: A piece of crumpled aluminum foil makes a good base if your squash does not sit flat.
Here is a recipe from Martha Stewart, where she cooks (and eats) the skin and all.
- Halve the squash and remove the seeds – just as done above – but this is where the similarity ends…
- Cut the halves in half again and again, creating about 32 thin wedges
- Toss with EVOO, corriander, salt, cumin, cayenne and black pepper (to taste)
- Bake on greased baking sheet at 425º for 20 minutes
- Flip wedges to bake the other side
- Bake another 15 minutes
- Serve with the skin
Hmmmmm….. I haven’t tried this yet, but Martha has not led me wrong before.