This is one of Grandma’s Go-To-Sides for breakfasts. It is quick and easy, and a no-fail recipe for new chefs.
- 1 CU apples or 2 apples (diced finely)
- 2 TBL raisins
- 1 CU boiling water
- 1/4 CU sugar
STEP BY STEP
- Mix water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add raisins to the water, and let it soak while you cut the apples.
- Chop the apples into 1/4 inch dices.
- Mix apples and hot water
- Season to taste with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice, and Vanilla (just a sprinkle of each
- Stir and let steep for another ten minutes
- Serve hot with ice cream, or as a side to cooked pork or as breakfast)