CLICK HERE for Avocado Tips and Tricks.
1/4 Red pepper, fine dice
1/4 Green pepper, fine dice
1/4 Medium Red onion, fine dice
1 green onion, finely sliced
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1/2 juice and zest from 1 Lemon
2 TBL Cilantro, coarsely chopped
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
To taste: Ancho Chile powder
To taste: Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large avocado, finely diced
1. Place peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, cilantro, and seasonings in a mixing bowl and mix well. Adjust seasonings.
2. Add avocado, fold in gently and check seasoning again.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Halve the avocado. You may have seen people hack the seed with their knife. Be very careful if you do this, because it is very easy to get your finger too.
- I prefer to slightly squeeze the avocado, and the seed will nearly pop out.
- You can score the avocado right in the skin, then just scoop it out with a spoon. Here is a video by Expert Village.
- If you are making a lot of guacamole, after you halve the avocado, press it through a bread drying rack that has metal struts going both directions creating a grid. Just press the avocado through this into a bowl.
- You can also scrape an avocado against the side of a glass. Here is a video by Crazy Russian Hacker.
- I am from Ohio. Back east avocados are called mangoes. Bell peppers are also called mangoes. Here in Arizona mangoes are called mangoes, avocados and called avocados and bell peppers are called bell peppers.
- To ripen an avocado, place it in a bag with a banana.
Find more like this: Appetizers and Sides