- 1 TBL garlic powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped
- 5 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks
STEP BY STEP
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together in a paper bag the garlic powder, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper powder
- In a large bowl, toss the thawed wings with the cooking oil
- Put into the paper bag and shake until coated – save any excess powder in the bag
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on two large baking sheets.
- Bake until just done, about 35-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile create your dipping sauce: In a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, scallions, and ONLY ONE teaspoon of the vinegar
- To coat your cooked wings, in a large bowl, combine the ketchup, the remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar, the Tabasco sauce, and the remaining powder from the bag – ALTERNATE: Simply use Frank’s Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Add the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve the wings with the celery sticks and blue-cheese dressing alongside.
- Pair these wings with more finger food. Corn on the cob would go nicely.
- Roasted potato wedges are a good alternative and can be cooked alongside the wings.