Baked Chile Relleno Puff
1 ½ cu grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
8 canned green chiles
6 eggs, whites separated, two yolks reserved
1 cu 1% milk
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chile powder
½ cu all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 1 quart soufflé dish with olive oil.
2. Open and split 6 of the green chiles, discarding the seeds.
3. Lay out the chiles on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1 cu of the cheese.
4. Place the egg whites into the bowl of a food processor and whirl until they are foamy.
5. Pulse in the 2 egg yolks, milk, cumin, chile powder, flour and the 2 remaining green chiles.
6. Pour the mixture over the green chiles and cheese.
7. Top with remaining ½ cu cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes.
200 calories, 18 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (4 g saturated), 89 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only