- 1 can whole tomatoes or pieces
DO NOT use canned stewed or cooked tomatoes
During the hot summer months, make SCRATCH MARINARA.
- 1 sweet onion – grated
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-8 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For a marinara pizza sauce, add a small can of tomato paste
STEP BY STEP
- Mix it all together
- Bring up to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer at least 15 minutes
- Brown ground sausage or hamburger and create a carbonara.
- Next time you make pasta, freeze some of the pasta water to use to thin your sauce if it gets too thick.
Find more like this: Condiments and Sauces