This is the perfect presentation for chili, spinach dip. A filling suggestion from the Feb 2015 issue of Bon Appetit Magazine is at the bottom of this recipe.
- Bake a loaf of bread. Any flavor! Here are a few of my recipes:
– French Bread Loaf
– No Knead Honey Bread
– White Bread
- When you make it, make sure it is more firm than a bit soft.
It will need to stand up on its own during the baking process.
Alternately, put the loaf into a greased ramekin to give it a nice flat base.
- Bake according to directions. Internal temperature should be 195 – 200º
- Cut a nice wide circle around the top of the loaf creating a bowl shape.
- Remove the cap, and then pull out the insides.
Keep the insides for bread pudding, croutons, etc.
- Fill with chili, spinach dip, or other desired filling
- For a cold brunch recipe, see below.
- Layer the bread bowl with salami, cheese, spinach, sliced turkey and cooked peppers.
- Pack everything nice and tightly in the bread bowl, then put the cap back on.
- Wrap in foil, then put into a square muffin pan and weight it down creating kind of a panini
- Refrigerate overnight
- To serve, slice it like a cake