This recipe originated (at least as far as I am concerned) at Scramble Restaurant in Phoenix; Mountain View and 7th Street.
3 C High Gluten Flour
1 T sugar
1 Tsp Dry Yeast
1 Cup Ice Water
½ Tsp Salt
1 T Salad Oil (any light vegetable oil)
- Put flour, sugar and yeast into food processor and pulse 3 times
- Add 1 C ice water till it starts to form crumbles
- Let rest 10 minutes
- Add salad oil and salt
- Run food processor and drizzle in ICE water until it forms a ball
- Knead 3 minutes on the counter
- Cover and put into fridge for 24-48 hours
- Take dough ball (about the size of a softball) and flatten into an 11×15 inch rectangle or a circle
- Flatten with a roller then transfer to a baking sheet or a pizza pan
- Brush edges with EVOO
- Prebake dough about 5 minutes at 350º
Simple Breakfast Pizza
- While pizza is prebaking, in Bowl Number 1 – mix 1/2 C cottage cheese, 1 tsp oregano, 1 diced bell pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 1 TBL EVOO
- In second bowl… that is Bowl Number 2 – mix 1 oz Parmesan cheese with 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- Also cook 6 pieces of bacon till crisp, then break into pieces
- Spread bowl #1 onto pizza crust leaving 1/2 inch border
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon across the top
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese mixture
Option 1 – Create 4-6 wells in the pizza toppings, and put one whole egg in each well. Season eggs and bake at 450º for 9-12 minutes.
Option 2 – Drizzla 4 beaten eggs across the surface of the pizza. Bake at 450º for 8-10 minutes
Option 3 – Scramble 4-6 eggs (maybe with onion and bell pepper) Sprinkle egg across top of pizza and bake at 450º for 5-8 minutes.
Garnish with scallions chives and EVOO. Slice pizza onto cutting board and then cut into individual servings.
4 Egg Yolks
3 ½ Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/8 Tsp White Pepper
1 Tbsp Water
1 Cup Melted Butter
¼ Tsp Salt
Create a double boiler and bring the water to a simmer. In the top of the double boiler combine egg yolks, white pepper, lemon juice and water. Once you have whisked together the initial ingredients begin to add the melted butter to the top boiler 1 oz at a time while whisking constantly. Continue the process until all of the butter has been added whisk in the salt and remove from the heat. Keep a lid on the pan to keep the sauce warm until it is ready to serve.
Alma Brizza (garlic, spinach and mushroom breakfast pizza).
1 Brizza Dough
2 Scrambled Eggs
¼ Cup Marinated Spinach Leaves
¼ Cup Sauteed Mushrooms
¼ Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 Cup Hollandaise Sauce
In an oiled frying pan scramble eggs. Place 1/4 cup hollandaise on the Brizza dough and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Evenly top the hollandaise with the scrambled eggs followed by the marinated spinach leaves and sautéed mushrooms. Top all ingredients with Monterey Jack cheese and place in a 400 degree oven for 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begun to turn light brown. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 1 minute. Cut into 4 slices, serve and enjoy. This recipe makes four 8-inch Brizzas.
Brizza Dough 1 ea
Chipotle Hollandaise 1 fl. Oz
Chorizo (cooked) 2 oz
Scrambled Egg 1 each
Red Pepper (diced) 1 oz
Green Pepper (diced) 1 oz
Jack Cheese 2 oz
Jalapeno Cream Cheese 1 oz
1. Place uncooked Brizza dough on prep table
2. Ladle 1 fl. Oz of chipotle hollandaise and one scrambled egg on top of Brizza dough
3. Evenly top egg with chorizo, red pepper & green pepper
4. Cover all ingredients with 2oz of jack cheese
5. Place Brizza in oven at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
6. Remove & cut Brizza into 6 pieces
7. Add cream cheese drizzle
They had a pizza with egg on the bottom, but here is what I was thinking:
Pizza dough about 8-10 inches
Philly Cheese blended with Jalapenos or Spinach in place of red sauce.
Topped with your choice of scrambled egg pieces, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham, etc. for something like 50-75 cents per topping.
Scrambles was selling theirs for about $8 each.
I would put the cheese / holandaise on first, then the toppings.
Find more like this: Breakfasts