Ω Two Small Portions (served as a side)
∆ Two Large Portions (served as a main dish, with fruit)
- Ω 1 C Milk
– – – ∆ 2 C milk
- Ω 2 TBL uncooked farina
– – – ∆ 1/4 C farina
- Ω 2 TBL honey
– – – ∆ 1/4 C honey
- Ω 1 large egg
– – – ∆ 2 large eggs
- Ω 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– – – ∆ 1/2 tsp vanilla
STEP BY STEP
- Preheat milk in microwave Ω 30 seconds or ∆ 1 minute
- Mix milk, farina, honey and salt to taste
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat simmer milk mixture, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- In a bowl beat egg lightly and stir in about one fourth milk mixture.
- Stir egg mixture back into pot and cook, stirring, until pudding just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and divide between 2 bowls.
- If serving hot, put fruit (banana, strawberries, mango, peaches, etc) in at the last minute and gently stir
- If serving warm, cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming and chill 20 minutes, or until ready to serve. Serve fruit on the side.
- If serving cold, cut fruit and stir together fruit, lime juice, and sugar and chill until ready to serve.
Find more like this: Breakfasts