1 LB medium-lean ground beef (formed into patties)
4 strips bacon
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp lemon juice
2 TBL chives (chopped)
2 roma tomatoes (see Special Steps) sliced thin
1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
1 OZ Blue cheese
1 OZ Shart Cheddar cheese
1 OZ Gruyere cheese
4 leaves Romaine lettuce
Ketchup, mustard and mayonayse (to taste) See Additional Notes
4 pepperoncinis or banana peppers (chopped)
2 dill pickles (sliced thin vertically)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry bacon (not too crisp) and set aside
2. Remove avocado from shell and combine with lemon juice, salt, pepper, chives and chopped peppers
3. Crumble or grate cheeses
4. Cook burger patties being careful not to overcook. Flip frequently essentially slow-cooking them.
5. Sprinkle on cheese near the end of the cooking cycle.
6. Top with remaining ingredients, and serve on high-quality deli-style burger bun using onion and lettuce to protect the bun from touching the meat (keeps it from getting soggy)
Cut the tomato around the equator and ROLL the halves over the sink. This loosens the seeds and removes the part that makes your burger soggy.
For the best taste, use Heintz ketchup, Grey Poupon deli mustard and Hellman’s manynnaise.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only