Cooking Time: 40 min
What You’ll Need:
1 cabbage, remove about 12 leaves, trying to keep them intact
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, broken up
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Start large pot of water boiling, salt generously
- Blanche the leaves (plunge into water for 30 seconds, then cool in ice water)
- Dry on a cloth towel
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper, and sugar in butter until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread several layers of leaves, with the mixture and cheese into greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Put a final layer of cheese on the top.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only