2 3/4- to 1-pound pork tenderloins
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 shallots, chopped
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
2 tablespoons Calvados (apple brandy) or brandy
- Cut pork crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add pork and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to skillet and stir 1 minute.
- Add cream, broth and Calvados; boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, stirring up browned bits, about 5 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper. Divide medallions among 6 plates.
- Top with sauce; serve with compote.
Sauce should be deep, creamy with mushrooms
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only