- Citrus with little to no blemishes on the skin
- 1 C Water
- 1 C crushed ice with water
- 1-1/2 C sugar
STEP BY STEP
- Heat 1 C water plus all of the sugar
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Remove from heat and stir in ice mixture
- Slice citrus as absolutely thin as possible – peels and all
- Slip citrus slices into the sugar water
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Let soak overnight in the refrigerator
- Finish with a fine layer of powdered sugar or Turbinado sugar
- Let air dry on a rack overnight before storing.
If you would like another recipe, CLICK HERE for Candied Citrus from www.TasteOfHome.com – the photo is also from Taste of Home.