Use almonds, pecans, peanuts, or walnuts – or all of them
- 3 oz Karo syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond or walnut extract
- 1 C granulated sugar
STEP BY STEP
- Heat over medium high heat
This will take about 30-40 minutes
- When it starts to brown and caramelize, add your nuts
- Dump 3 C nuts into the glaze
- Stir until everything is well coated
You should have “spider web” strings between the pieces
About 5-10 minutes
- OPTIONS: Add some coarse salt for salted caramel, chili for a bit of a bit, or cinnamon for a holiday treat.
- Pour onto waxed paper or parchment paper and let them COMPLETELY cool before breaking apart
- They will keep for a very long time – – – months !
NOTE: This will pretty much ruin your wooden spoon, so either use the same spoon every time, or use something that is near the end of its life anyway.
Find more like this: Snacks -n- Treats