2 chicken breasts
1/2 CU butter
Bread crumbs (not part of Dry Ingredients)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Flatten your chicken breasts using a meat pounder or similar
2. Combine all dry ingredients
3. Soften butter (not melted) and combine with dry ingredients
4. Spread over top of flattened chicken breasts
5. Roll, then chill in refrigerator for 2 hours
6. Roll in 2 beaten eggs, then in finely crushed bread crumbs
7. Cook in 1/2 inch vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes per side
8. Place on rack for juices to redistribute and for oil to drain.
9. Garnish with sprigs of parsley
1. When flattening, use heavy duty plastic wrap sprayed lightly with water to allow the meat and pounder to slide, rather than tear.
2. Using plastic wrap can also help you get a tighly rolled kiev
Alton Brown states that this was originally French, not Russian as most commonly thought.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only