Ingredients When buying chicken in the store, look for the following characteristics…
When storing, follow these guidelines…
1. Tight seal on package
2. Keep on bottom shelf near back for up to 3 days
3. Avoid cracked packaging & any pink discoloration spots.
4. Pooled juice in bottom of styro container can mean it’s been on the self for a while.
5. Check expiration date.
6. White skin = grain fed… yellow skin = corn fed… taste is about the same.
7. Generally better to buy chicken with the bone in.
Use an instant read thermometer:
Chicken –e.g. 140° = underdone, needs to be 165°