- 1 Grilled chicken breast – shredded – OPTION: Pork
- 1 C vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 Chipotle chiles – chopped
- 1/2 C Carrot – shredded
- 1/4 C Cilantro
- Zest and juice from one orange
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 2 TBL Hoisin sauce
STEP BY STEP
- Soak noodles in boiling water until tender – about 3-5 minutes
- Drain, rinse, and leave in colander to finish draining
- Put shredded chicken breast in a mixing bowl
- Toss with chopped chilies, cilantro and orange parts
- Add garlic, carrots, or other vegetables – shredded
Bell pepper or zucchini is good
- Toss in Hoisin sauce
- 12 butter or bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
Wrap in lettuce leaves – Tie with butcher twine.
- Serve with Hoisin or peanut dipping sauce
… or try this Sweet and Tart Dipping Sauce
A Surgeon’s Knot is a good knot for tying these shut. Use a little piece of butcher’s string.
This is a good opportunity to try learning the Butcher Knot. This is a knot that you will use many times once you are familiar with it. Here is a link to an ULTRA ULTRA Slowdown of a demo video by The Scott Rea Project.