Chili Tomato Sauce is good on sandwiches and pizza. On pasta, it can be a bit overwhelming, but if you are looking for that rush of endorphins; OK, yes… even pasta.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1-3 fresh habañero peppers, depending on how hot you like it.
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. tomato sauce
STEP BY STEP
- Roughly chop the bell and habanero peppers, onion and garlic. Remove seeds.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the tomato sauce in a pan, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a blender. DO NOT put lid on blender, or it will literally explode. Use a paper towel over the top
- Add the tomato sauce to complete.
- If you don’t want any heat, just eliminate the habaneros, and you will have a good flavorful chili sauce.
- Or if you prefer it just a little spicy, use jalapeños instead. Seeds removed.