- 1/2 LB sausage
- 2 C raw potatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 C milk
- 1 can whole kernel corn
STEP BY STEP
- Crumble and fry sausage in a heave skillet
- Remove and set aside on paper towel or newspaper
- Fry onions in sausage fat
- When onion is softened, add diced potatoes ad milk
- Cook 20 minutes
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add 1 can of corn
- Heat thoroughly
- Just before serving, add sausage back in
- 1 TBL butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 TBL all-purpose flour
- 3 C canned vegetable stock
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 Idaho potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 3 ears corn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TBL chopped fresh parsley leaves
STEP BY STEP
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and cook until the vegetables are good and soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Dust the vegetables with flour and stir to coat everything well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and the potatoes, bring to a boil and boil hard for about 7 minutes, until the potatoes break down (this will help to thicken the soup and give it a good texture).
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob and add to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until the corn is soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and give it another little drink of olive oil.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Find more like this: Stews and Soups