Here is Grandpa’s recipe for BASIC CUSTARD
Recipe for two people
2 eggs (4 if small eggs)
1/4 CU whole milk
1/4 CU yogurt
1 TBL flour
1 TBL lemon juice
1 TBL olive oil
1 tsp chopped parsley
1. Separate egg yolks from whites using two or three small cups. See notes.
2. Combine flour with egg yolks
3. Combine all other ingredients (except beaten egg whites)
4. Beat the egg whites with a whisk until filled with bubbles, but not to the point where you start getting peaks, as you would for merangue, for example.
5. Gently, add the egg whites to the rest of the mixture and mix
This will give you a nice light custard.
For a heavier custard, omit step 4.
Use additional parsley and nutmeg to garnish top
Recipe for eight people
4 eggs (6 if small eggs)
1/2 CU whole milk
1/2 CU yogurt
2 TBL flour
2 TBL lemon juice
2 TBL olive oil
1 TBL chopped parsley
Notes How to Separate eggs:
1. Crack carefully into first cup
2. If the yolk breaks, leave it in the first cup
3. Crack second egg into second cup
4. If it breaks, pour it in with the first egg, if not put the yolk in the first cup, and leave the white in the second cup.
5. Break your next egg. If it breaks, put it into the first cup with the other yolks.
If it does not break, pour the yolk into the first cup, and the white into the second.
6. Repeat for as many eggs as you have
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only