- 2 Bananas
- 4 TBL butter
- 1/2 C dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice and zest from one lemon (do not get white)
- TBL high proof Dark rum
- 2 scoops each of high quality vanilla ice cream
STEP BY STEP
- Heat butter in a sauce pan
- Pour clarified butter into a larger saute pan – Discard butter solids
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon zest
- Cook until it starts to caramelize. Add dark rum, (helps sugar dissolve)
- Peel ripe but firm (2 bananas) slice 4 halves into sauce flat side down.
- Turn heat down to low
- Cook 1-1/2 – 2 min each side, baste, flip delicately till coated
- Dish out ice cream – ready to flambé.
- Add dark rum, take off heat and set on fire.
- Spoon the sauce over bananas & ice cream
Find more like this: Desserts