In these dog days of summer here in Phoenix, where the temperature frequently peeks over the high side of 120º it is important to stay hydrated. Dietary Water is more beneficial than just drinking tap water, as it gives your body nutrients that tap water does not offer. Here are some choices that you can eat, or put into a blender.
- Mint leaves, by themselves, offer little water, but help flavor the above items when blended as a beverage
- Gatorade – While not exactly natural, Gatorade helps your body retain its electrolytes. Just don’t drink more than a couple, or it will put your whole body chemistry off balance.
It is also helpful to use EVOO rather than butter through these hot months.
You can also create a cooling device that will help lower your temperature for about thirty minutes.
- Take a sock and fill it with dry rice, lentils or dried beans.
- Sew up the open end and put it into the freezer.
- On the nights where it is too hot to fall asleep, put this cool sock under your neck or along side of your Adam’s apple to help your body cool down.
Find more like this: 222 Tips, Tricks and Tools