2 1/2 OZ of plain flour
1/2 CU (4 FL OZ) milk
3 TBL butter (melted)
3 TBL sugar
salt and pepper for taste
1. Cover the bottom of a cast iron skillet with butter
2. Place skillet in a COLD oven and turn heat to 425 degrees F or 220 C.
3. Use a sieve to sift the flour in a bowl.
4. Create a “well” or a hole in the middle of the flour.
5. Break the eggs and place it in the hole.
6. Mix the eggs and flour thoroughly, but do not overmix
7. Add the milk and salt. Try to make a smooth mixture with everything
8. Wait until the oven comes up to heat. CAUTION: Oil will be very hot.
9. When sizzling, add the batter to the pan. It should sizzle as you pour it.
10. Bake for about 20 to 40 minutes minutes.
Let the pudding rise and get golden brown in color
11. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Serve with sugar and lemon
See also “Yorkshire Pudding”
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only