Egg Nog with Raw Eggs
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 3 oz Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 CU heavy cream
- 1 PT whole milk (not skim)
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/3 CU sugar
- 1 TBL sugar additional
STEP BY STEP
- Separate white from the yolks. Set whites aside.
- Beat egg yolks well
- Add sugar very slowly to combine – set aside
- In small pan, add nutmeg, cream and milk
- Mix to combine, and bring mixture slowly to a boil
- Remove mixture from heat
- TEMPER half of your heated mixture into your egg yolk mixture
- Slowly whisk egg yolk mixture back into the pot
- Add whiskey and combine, then chill for at least an hour
- During this time, leave egg whites on counter to come up to room temperature
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks
- Add 1 TBL sugar and combine
- Add cold mixture to egg whites and gently combine or fold together
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top
EXTRA STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Since you are using raw eggs, be sure that you get fresh eggs.
- Don’t serve this to anyone that is pregnant because of the raw eggs.
- Use a slotted spoon or your fingers to separate the egg yolk from the whites. Use a pinch pot to isolage each separated yolk and white before putting them into a larger container. Don’t use the egg white if ANY yolk has broken into it. Use them for scrambled eggs tomorrow morning!
- TEMPERING EGGS, means to mix three tablespoons of the heated mixture into the beaten egg yolks, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly, raising the temperature slightly and thinning the yolks. Add a second tablespoon, then a third, then you can add the eggs back into the heated pan, whisking constantly, without worrying about them cooking and becoming lumpy
Here is a video from Your Life A to Z about how to make “Tom’s Egg Nog”
RECIPE WILL COME LATER