1 medium sized eggplant
Lots of salt
1. Slice eggplant in about 1/4 inch pieces
2. Lay on rack, over sink, to drain
3. Cover liberally with salt and let drain 15 minutes
4. Flip and repeat
5. Continue for a total of 2 hours
6. Rinse throughly in running water, followed by rinse in bowl of water
7. Squeeze excess liquid out and press onto paper towl or tea cloth
8. This removes the absorbidity of the eggplant.
Now, you can use it in Eggplant Lasagna or BBQ Eggplant
ANOTHER WAY TO REDUCE THE LIQUID
Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch pieces
Coat a baking sheet with a light bit of oil
Spread the eggplant out
Spray lightly with oil and lightly salt
Cook 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes
Notes Handwritten notes to this recipe are scanned in PDF document at http://www.xml3.com/family/Recipes/Eggplant.pdf
1. A good eggplant should have no wrinkles and the flesh should give when pressed with the finger, but should completely spring back.
2. Smaller is better. The seeds are more developed and more bitter in older eggplants.
3. Female eggplant has more seeds. Femal will have OVAL navel, and male will have a ROUND navel.
4. Top should be bright green
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only