If you are making Chicken Empanadas, START HERE. Use the back button on the Poached Chicken page to return to this recipe.
- Outside is essentially pizza dough (although a bit of sour cream in your dough is a really good touch) so I am not going to focus on the dough, but rather the fillings.
- You can also use puff pastry or pie dough for a flaky dough
- If you are using puff pastry, let it come up to room temperature before you unfold it and roll it. An egg wash before you fold it will cement it shut.
- You can have a sweet empanada or a savory empanada, depending on your audience.
- An empanada is usually about 8-10 inches.
- A small dinner plate works great as a template. Squares are good too, cause you end up with no leftover dough, as you would if making rounds.
- Roll the dough out flat to about 1/8 inch
- I have two recipes here for you
Or use this button:
Chopped red bell peppers