This is scaled back for two people. For the full recipe as published, scroll down.
- 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 oz. enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp. diced green chiles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- (1 cube beef bouillon – optional)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 C. water
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 oz. grated Colby jack cheese
- 1 Green onion, chopped
STEP BY STEP
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Remove the beef from pan and set aside.
- In the pan drippings stir in the oil and flour.
- Add the tomato sauce, enchilada sauce and water smoothing out lumps as you go.
- The sauce should be fairly thin. Add more water if needed.
- Stir in the chilies, garlic, cumin, chili powder and the bouillon cube.
- Bring just to a boil and turn on warm to keep heated.
- Dip tortillas in and out sauce to soften, then place the tortilla on a plate.
- Add desired amount of ground beef, cheese and onion.
- Roll the tortilla up and place into individual-serving greased baking dishes.
- Repeat procedure until baking pan is full.
- Pour sauce over the filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle more cheese and onion on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly in a 350 degree oven.
INGREDIENTS FOR 8-10 PEOPLE
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 C. water
- 15 corn tortillas
- 16 oz. grated Colby jack cheese
- Green onion, chopped
Assembly directions as shown above.
Amounts need to be tested. They were adjusted on the fly and have not been debugged. If you try this, please comment below. Thanks.
- 1/4 C Paprika
- 1 TBL Flour
- 2 C Broth
8 Corn tortillas
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 lb Ground pork or chicken
- lots of Shredded Cheese
- Salsa to taste
- 1 Onion – diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 C Black beans
- 1 can Refried beans