If you want to make it just a bit healthier, check out our HEALTHY ALFREDO SAUCE.
- 10 ounces fettuccini pasta – boiled 8-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
STEP BY STEP
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add fettuccine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add the chopped garlic.
- Cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a small bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and beat together; put aside.
- Pour the remaining cream into the frying pan.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- As the cream starts to boil, mix rapidly using a whisk.
- Slowly add the cream/egg mixture.
- You do not want the egg to curdle.
- Continue whisking until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and continue to mix the cream.
- Pour in the remaining Parmesan and the parsley, mix until smooth.
- Immediately remove from stove.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches