Other terms for Flank Steak are skirt steaks, beef bottom round roast, bottom sirloin-flat muscle/flat meat.
- 2-3 lbs – Cut with the train into two inch strips, then against the grain into 1/4 inch pieces
- Toss with 1/8 tsp baking soda and 1 TBL water – let rest 5 minutes
- 1/3 cu olive oil
- 1/3 cu soy
- 1 tbl rosemary
- 1 tbl thyme
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
STEP BY STEP – NOT DEBUGGED YET
Marinate the night before in the fridge using a plastic bag with mix outlined below.
LET WARM FOR 30 MINUTES on the plate before grilling or juices will let loose
1. Grill on very hot, preheated grill.
– Keep left side HOT and right side cooler. Scrape hot grill grate.
2. Sear on hot side 4 min, flip and cook other side 4 minutes.
3. Done when internal temp is 125º for medium rare.
– Move to cooler side.
110º is rare
135º is medium
140º is well done. Don’t do it, just don’t do it.
Slice on the diagonal AGAINST the grain AFTER it has rested at least 5 minutes (preferably ten)
4. Cover in foil, let juices redistribute themselves. Lemon juice over top.
MARINATE – NOT DEBUGGED YET
Overnight Marinate – Use ingredients to taste
Yakisoba Sauce -Copy Cat Recipe
- 1/2 TSP Sesame oil
- 1 carrot
- 6 oz shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 C chicken stock
- EVAP – set aside
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 6 C shredded napa cabbage
- 7 scallions
- BROWN – SET ASIDE
- 1 tsp oil
- Add meat 1-2 minutes
- set aside
- Add sauce and noodles
- 1/2 C Chicken stock
- toss to cover
- big bowl – toss together
- Serve with pickled ginger or shichimi togarashi
- copy cat on web site
- top with sesame seeds
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only