Create Chicken Marinate
- 2 C low fat buttermilk
- 1 TBL Grandpa's Thunder Powder, Arghh Powder, or other.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/4 C slivered onion or shallot
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
Marinate chicken breasts overnight in buttermilk mixture
When ready to drain, dredge and fry
- Mix together dredge in a large bowl or a bag: 1/2 C AP flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 TBL cornstarch, 1 TBL Grandpa's Thunder Powder, Arghh Powder, or other.
- Drain chicken well, and put into flour mixture and let rest an hour
- Heat Canola to 365° in cast iron
- DO NOT put too much oil or chicken . Keep temp between 350° and 365°
- Flip about every 4-5 minutes . Fry till golden brown – total about 8-12 minutes
- Drain on clean newspaper and sprinkle with salt while still hot
- For extra crunch, let cool, then return to fry pan for an extra four minutes.
Find more like this: Meat to Eat OTHER