A good thing to do when you overcook your rice (and it becomes mushy) is to make fried rice balls.
- Place a tablespoon of rice in the palm of your hand
- Flatten it with the back of the spoon making an indentation
- Put in your filling (ham, chives, chicken, chorizo, cheese, pork, whatever)
- Get a second tablespoon of rice and flatten it (a bit) with your other hand.
- Moosh them together putting your filling in the middle
- Roll into a ball shape
- Roll in flour, then egg, then Panko bread crumbs
- Fry at 350 degrees until browned
- Serve with dishes of dipping sauce and toothpicks
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only