2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
3 tbl butter
2 tbl canola oil
2 tbl prune puree
1 cup sugar, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
5 tbl dutch cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
3 egg whites, room temperature
¼ cup nonfat fudge sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Lightly spray 8” by 8” pan with canola oil and set aside.
2. Melt chocolate, butter, and oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add prune puree and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together ½ cup sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and remaining ½ cup sugar until soft peaks are formed.
5. Gently fold ½ of flour mixture into chocolate mixture and mix well. Gently fold in egg white meringue. Fold in remaining flour mixture.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven. Drizzle with nonfat fudge sauce when slightly cooled.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only