A no-mayo version of a classic side.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
STEP BY STEP
- Peel potatoes
- Cut into 1/2 inch medallions
- Plunge into boiling hot water
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until fork-tender
- Drain and place in ice water briefly
- Mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Whisk ( to emulsify) oil into the vinegar
- Gently fold everything in with potatoes
- Chill for at least an hour before serving. Overnight is OK.
- You can cook the potatoes the day before and keep them chilled until you are ready to make the potato salad.
- The potatoes in German Potato Salad are usually sliced, rather than cubed, but you’re the boss…make whatever shape you prefer.