1 LB red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
4 bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 TBL cider vinegar
2 TBL finely chopped red bell pepper
2 TBL finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
scant teaspoon black pepper
1. Steam potatoes, covered, 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
3. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
4. Combine drippings, vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
5. Add the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper – toss gently to coat.
6. Cover and let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the bacon and parsley; toss gently.
Yield: 11 servings.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only