* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes with juice, crushed by hand
* 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) tomato sauce
* 2 sprigs basil
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* Thinly shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add wine; cook until most liquid has evaporated. Add tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, basil, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
2. Bring a large pot water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add half of the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to pan with sauce. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi.
3. Reheat gnocchi over low heat; gently toss. Serve with cheese shavings.
These are from Martha Stewart Web Site
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only