This is something that I like to use for pizza toppings and to add an extra bit of heat to hot wings. It has the heat of crushed red pepper, but doesn’t get stuck in your teeth and gums. Just a bit of salt enhances the flavor too. This is also good for meat seasoning.
- 1/2 C ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 C ground red pepper
- 1/4 C sumac
- 1/2 C salt (fine or course)
- 2 TBL garlic powder
- 2 TBL onion powder
- 1 TBL black pepper
- 1 TBL cumin
Mix all of the above together well and store in a sprinkle jar.
- See also: Tony’s Creole Seasoning
- For something geared for dry rub BBQ, try Grandpa’s Dry Rub.
- If you like it a bit spicier, try Grandpa’s Thunder Powder.
- For a spicier version, see Grandpa’s Arghhh Powder.
Find more like this: Condiments and Sauces