Select your favorite canned enchilada sauce, OR MAKE YOUR OWN, then proceed with recipe. For this recipe I used Grandpa’s Enchilada Sauce.
- Grandpa’s Enchilada Sauce
- Corn Tortillas
- Your filling of choice
– for this recipe, I used green chiles, sauteed onion, chopped
– another option is shredded cheese, shredded meat, green chilies, chopped tomato, minced onion, and cilantro
- Tomato and cheese
- Grated cheese for the top
- Chopped chives or cilantro for garnish
STEP BY STEP
- Pour 1/4 C sauce into the bottom of a greased casserole dish
– Alternately you can use small individual ramekins or plates
- Pour about 1/2 inch of sauce into a sauté pan
- Heat to a simmer
- Dip corn tortillas in the sauce just to coat (about 3-5 seconds per side)
- Put 1-2 TBL filling into the middle
- Roll up from one end and place seam side down in casserole dish
- About 14 were able to fit in the 9×12 pan above
- Spread remainder of sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese
- When ready to serve bake at 350º for about 15 minutes
You can prepare this several hours ahead of time. When you are ready to serve, just pop it into a COLD oven, set the temperature to 325, and bake for 45 minutes.
Garnish with pickled red onions, avocado, tomato, sour cream, queso fresco or refried beans.