This creates a lemonade CONCENTRATE that will store efficiently and is really easy to mix when you are ready.
- 16 lemons – or enough juice to fill an empty water bottle
- TWO empty water bottles
- 1 CU sugar
- 8 mint leaves
STEP BY STEP
- Fill one water bottle with water and empty into sauce pan
- Add sugar to water in the sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves
- Meanwhile, cut lemons in half, and squeeze juice from lemons into measuring cup. Discard the seeds.
- Pour sugar water into the measuring cup with the lemon juice
- Make sure that mixture is only warm to the touch, NOT HOT.
- Pour lemon/sugar mixture equally into two empty water bottles
- Top bottles off with a bit more water and refrigerate
- Will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO SERVE…
- Fill glass with ice cubes
- Add water only to half-way
- Top glass off with lemon concentrate from your bottles