- 2 tbl salt
- 3 tbl sugar
- 1 tbl white pepper
- 2 tbl honey
- 1 tbl whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbl reg. Mustard
- 1 tbp red wine vinegar
Step by Step
- Sprinkle salt, sugar & white pepper mixture in bottom of pan
- Put salmon in pan, top w/ lots of mixture (be very liberal). Cover with dill sprigs.
- Baste/drizzle w/ cognac.
- Put weight on top. Let set 2 hours, then put in refrigerator.
- Flip & repeat daily for 5 days.
- Scrape off almost all topping, slice and discard, cut at extreme angle as thin as possible (cut off brown edges).
- 3 tbl of juice/liquid from Gravlox pan, 2 tbl honey, 1 tbl whole grain mustard, 1 tbl reg. Mustard, 1 tbl red wine vinegar.
- Slowly pour in 4 tbl veg. Oil, while whisking, will emulsify.
- Add 1 tbl chopped dill and refrigerate
- To serve: Top w/ lemon dill, radish sauce and serve with pumpernickel and chardonnay or schnapps.
- Raw salmon
- Olive oil
- Rock salt – fleurdesel
Step by Step / Serving
- Slice paper thin, lay out.
- Eat with salt, pepper, oil, lemon , chervil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole white peppercorns
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped dill
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons gin, Hendrick’s preferred
- One 2-pound, center-cut, skin-on wild salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- Bagels and cream cheese, blini or scrambled eggs, for serving
Step by Step
- In a spice grinder, combine the cumin seeds and white peppercorns and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the salt, both sugars, dill, parsley, crushed red pepper, lemon zest and aquavit.
- Mix well.
- Place the salmon in a glass or ceramic dish, skin-side down.
- Spread the herb paste evenly over the fillet.
- Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the fish feels firm and looks cured in the center, 2 to 3 days.
- The sides of the fillet will have the strongest flavor and driest texture.
- Sliced gravlox
- Sliced avocado
- Toasted Noble Bread
- Scallion cream cheese spread
- Grainy mustard honey sauce
- Boiled egg slices
- Dill sprigs
- Fresh Salmon
- 1 TBL tequila over top
- Mix handful of chopped cilantro
- 2 TBL dark brown sugar
- 2 TBL salt
- 1 TBL black pepper
- 1tsp chipotle or cayenne powder
- 1tsp cumin
- Grated lime zest
Step by Step
- Cover, flip and cover
- Cover in plastic and cover with heavy weight
- Ready in 3-6 days
- Serve on crackers or toast
- Top with Crema