- 2 medium green tomatoes, pulse briefly in food processor
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1 C Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 C of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 TBL butter, softened
Step by Step
- Arrange one layer of tomatoes in the bottom of lightly greased medium baking ramikin.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper 1/2 of bread crumbs and half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers omitting the cheese from the top.
- Dot butter over the bread crumbs on top.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
- Uncover and add remaining cheese
- Bake uncovered 5-10 more minutes
Find more like this: Casseroles and Pan Dishes