- Approx 10 OZ pizza or calzone dough
- 1/2 medium onion – sliced thin or chopped
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz shredded cheddar
- 1 medium green tomato – sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil chiffonade ( or crushed if you don’t have fresh )
STEP BY STEP
- Flatten your pizza dough on a floured surface, turning and reflouring as necessary.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan or baking sheet or baking stone. Set aside.
- Soften onion on low heat till it starts to become translucent.
- Sprinkle half your cheese over the pizza dough.
- Spread onion and tomato slices over cheese.
- Spread olives, garlic, and pepper over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over all.
- Bake at 500º for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle basil or thyme over pizza.
- Serve hot
Find more like this: Casseroles and Pan Dishes