- 4 C green tomatoes, chopped in medium sized pieces
- 3 yellow onions, chopped in medium sized pieces
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and chopped in medium sized pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped in medium sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped small
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoon sugar
STEP BY STEP
- Pulse tomatoes and peppers in food processor until they are the size you like in your salsa.
- Mix well and place everything in a large pot on the stove top
- Sautee until juices start to form
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you are going to serve this right away, put into bowl or jars to cool 2 hours. You are done.
If you are going to can your salsa, bring salsa to a boil.
- Ladle salsa into hot sterile jars, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top, following good canning techniques
- Process jars in hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully and let sit for 24 hours.
- Check lids for successful seal, and refrigerate any unsealed jars.
Find more like this: Condiments and Sauces