First, let me say “This is not a pizza. It is a salad.” That being said, much about this recipe brings to mind a pizza.
First ( hmmm… actually second ) obtain your pizza dough. Either buy ready-made pizza dough, or make it yourself. It’s not too hard. Look at the recipe the Grandpa uses.
- Spread your dough out on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 425º for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine 3/4 C ricotta, 1 TBL EVOO, 1 TBL minced garlic and some red pepper flakes
- Bring pizza out of oven and flip – putting top side on the bottom
- Spread ricotta mixture over ( what is now ) the top
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta
- Put back into the oven, directly on the rack, and cook for five more minutes
( Rotate half way through for even cooking )
- Take out of the oven and top with mixed salad greens, EVOO, cracked black pepper, salt and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Optional: Use spinach, feta and black olives
- Optional: Top with fresh tomato
- Optional: Top with chicken and alfredo sauce
Find more like this: Salads and Veggie Dishes