Chicken güveç with mixed vegetables
This recipe is from my friend from Istanbul, Mevlüt.
- 1 chicken (tavuk)
- medium onion (sogon)
- 1/2 C grams of green beans.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 eggplant (aubergine)
- 1 squash
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 C grated cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
STEP BY STEP
- Wash the chicken and cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Dice the onion and halve the mushrooms
- Peel the eggplant, potatoes and squash and cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Cut the chilies and beans into small pieces, and cut the tomatoes into thin, round slices.
- Grease the pan(s) you will use for baking.
- Place all the vegetables in the pot except for the tomatoes.
- Arrange the chicken evenly over the vegetables.
- Add about half a cup of water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the tomato slices, then with cheese
- Cover tightly and bake for one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve hot and bubbling.
- This can be made in one large dish, or several small ones for individual servings.
- You can use any type of meat. Lamb is also popular.