Summary: Slow and low.
- Fill pot loosely with eggs in a SINGLE LAYER
- Fill pot with cold water to barely cover eggs and place on stove top
- Turn stove top onto medium-high heat, and put pan of water on the burner.
- Prepare bowl of water with about four cups of ice cubes. Set aside.
- Add 1 TBL salt and 1/4 cup white vinegar to hot water and stir until salt is dissolved.
- (optional) Every 2 minutes or so, use a tongs and rotate egg (to center yolk)
- Continue to heat until signs of boiling start to appear.
- Move pan from medium heat to FULL HEAT and quickly bring to full boil.
- Once water is to a full boil, remove pan from burner.
- Let eggs sit in hot water for 2 minutes if you want soft boiled eggs, 4 minutes for medium boiled, or 6 minutes for hard boiled
- Dilute hot water with tap water, then dump most of water being careful not to crack the eggs.
- Repeat dilution of hot water two more times.
- Place eggs in bowl previously prepared with cold water and ice cubes
- Allow eggs to remain in ice water for 10 minutes
- Drain, dry and refrigerate.
Find more like this: Cookin Yer Eggs