- 2 C shelled and skinned roasted Spanish peanuts (see note below)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 TBL peanut oil
Step by Step
- You can save money by buying peanuts that still have the skin on. It is easy to remove though. Rub the peanuts together in your hands held over a large bowl. OUTSIDE, pour the peanuts and skin in front of a fan, which will blow the skins into the grass. Once you have skinned peanuts… continue.
- Place the peanuts, salt and honey into a food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds. If you want chunky peanut butter, remove 1/4 C of peanuts and set aside.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, put the lid back on and process while slowly drizzling in peanut oil – about 2 minutes. Add back in the 1/4 C peanuts (for chunky peanut butter.
- Continue to process until the mixture is the desired consistency. Test and scrape down every 30 seconds.
- Peanut butter will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Peanuts taste better when roasted. You can roast your own, if you have the inclination. I am not going to cover that here, but you can watch this video if you want to tackle roasting your own peanuts.
Find more like this: Condiments and Sauces