1 cu whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cu granulated sugar
½ cu brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cu peeled and grated carrots
4 large eggs
½ cu canola oil
2 tsp pure vanilla
1 cu (8oz) canned crushed pineapple in juice (not heavy syrup)
½ cu chopped toasted walnuts
powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9X3 inch round cake pan and line the bottom w/ parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, sugars, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Stir until well blended.
3. Combine the carrots, eggs, oil & vanilla in a large bowl.
Whisk well, then whisk in the pineapple and walnuts.
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir just to blend. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top feels firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan on a rack. Remove cake from the pan and dust the top with sifted powdered sugar just before serving.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only