2 large eggs
1/2 pound ground grass-fed beef
1/2 large onion, any kind (julienned)
1/2 pound spinach (chopped leaves only)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Set aside.
4. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium- high heat.
5. Crumble the beef into the pan and cook, stirring, until some of the red is gone but not a minute longer.
6. This will take only a few minutes (keep it pink).
7. Pour off the excess fat and transfer the meat to a bowl.
8. Set aside and keep warm.
9. Turn heat to medium
10. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan
11. Add the garlic and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
12. Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until it wilts and is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
13. Season with salt and pepper.
14. Return the meat to the pan
15. Add the oregano, and taste and adjust the seasoning.
16. Reduce heat to low.
17. Add the eggs, and cook, stirring constantly, just until the eggs are set, another minute or two. Be careful to NOT overcook the eggs.
18. Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve with English Muffin
A little bit of red pepper gives this a good “heat”
Serve with cinnamon apple wedges or hot spiced applesauce
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only