¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ tsp. Salt
5 tbl cornstarch
1 ¾ cu boiling water
2 eggs (separated)
1 lemon rind grated
5 tbs lemon juice
1 9” flaky pie crust
1. Mix ¾ cups sugar, salt and cornstarch in top of double boiler, add water, and cook until thickened.
2. Remove from heat, gradually stir in beaten egg yolks, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
3. Add grated rind and juice, and blend well.
4. Cool and pour into pastry shell, and top with meringue made by beating egg whites until stiff, but not dry, then adding the 4 tablespoons sugar while continuing to beat.
5. Bake in slow oven of 300° F for 30 minutes.
Use commercial pie crust or MAKE YOUR OWN
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only